Criminal Defense Lawyer Serving Ohio
"Your staff is incredibly knowledgeable and very efficient at what they do. I was treated with respect and felt like I was a priority at your office...Frankly, the results of my case far exceeded my expectations." - R.C.
Strong Defense Against Criminal Charges in Mansfield & Columbus
Have you been arrested and charged with a crime in Ohio? Don't wait until it's too late: Retain legal help now. You have the right to a defense attorney, so why hesitate? Hire the skilled representation you need to help you effectively safeguard your rights and navigate the judicial system.
Why You Should Work with The Mayer Law Firm
As a Mansfield criminal defense attorney, I understand the difficulties you may be facing if you have been arrested and charged with a crime in the Mansfield or Columbus area.
- With 18 years of experience on both sides of the courtroom, I know how the criminal justice system works and I am ready to support you and vigorously defend your legal rights.
- I have an excellent working relationship with local law enforcement and a strong commitment to pursuing justice for each of my clients.
I believe that everyone deserves a strong defense. No matter what charges you may be facing, you can be sure that as your attorney I will stand by your side every step of the way, and provide the kind of strong and effective defense capable of truly making a difference in the outcome of your criminal defense case.
Arrested in North Central Ohio?
- Assault / Domestic Violence - Ohio Revised Code § 2903.13 prohibits state residents from causing physical harm knowingly or recklessly to another individual, while domestic violence is defined in ORC § 2919.25 as physical harm to a family or household member caused because of either malicious intent or neglect. Both types of charges are very serious. Call a skilled defense lawyer if you have been charged with assault or domestic violence.
- Drug Crimes - Federal law divides controlled substances into five schedules according to risk of abuse and recognized medical use. Depending on the schedule and amount of substance you are charged with, you could face serious penalties upon conviction of a drug crime such as possession, trafficking, or manufacturing.
- Expungements - If you have been convicted of a crime in the past, it is possible that you may be able to have your criminal record and court file sealed under a process known as expungement. Section 2953 of the Ohio Revised Code explains this provision. Call my firm today to learn about how you may be able to wipe out a past mistake and the negative connotations of a criminal record.
- Federal Crimes - If the crime you are accused of is being investigated at the federal level, it is crucial that you get serious legal muscle in your corner to defend yourself. Some examples of federal violations include drug crimes such as trafficking, conspiracy charges, Internet sex crimes, white collar crimes such as wire fraud and identity theft, and some weapons offenses.
- Felonies - In the state of Ohio a felony is any crime that carries a penalty of one year or more in prison. Some crimes with a lesser penalty are also considered felonies. There are five degrees of felonies, and a "felony of the first degree" is the most serious. Examples of felony offenses include drug trafficking, arson, homicide, kidnapping, and robbery.
- Juvenile Crimes - If your child has been charged with a criminal offense it is important that you take the necessary actions to ensure that they receive the legal defense they need. Conviction of a juvenile crime could leave a child with a criminal record for life, consequently jeopardizing his or her future.
- OVI / DUI - Driving a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol content (BAC) at or above 0.08% could result in a charge of operating a vehicle impaired (OVI) or driving under the influence (DUI). The penalties for these types of crimes can be very severe — especially in the city of Columbus, where the sentences for a second or third offense can be particularly harsh.
- Sex Offenses - Conviction of a sex offense in Ohio — such as rape, sexual battery, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, public indecency, prostitution, and child pornography, among others — can carry extremely severe penalties along with a lifelong stigma. If you have been arrested and charged with a sex crime, don't hesitate to hire the skilled representation you need immediately.
- Traffic / Driving Under Suspension - If you are caught driving with a suspended license in Ohio you could face the possibility of a permanently revoked license. Don't think that a traffic violation of this nature is minor: The results of a conviction can profoundly impact your future and your freedom. Call an experienced Ohio attorney.
- Weapon Offenses - Some weapon offenses are clear-cut. For example, ORC § 2923.13 prohibits some state residents who have been convicted of certain past felonies from owning firearms. Other laws can be less obvious, including the concealed weapons laws that require those in possession of a handgun license to observe a specific set of procedures when addressing a law enforcement officer. Protect your second amendment rights and contact a criminal defense attorney if you have been charged with a weapons offense.
Aggressive Defense Representation for Mansfield Residents
For years the Mayer Law Firm has successfully defended individuals throughout the North Central Ohio region from conviction of a variety of state and federal crimes. I have helped clients in Richland, Franklin, Ashland, Crawford, Medina, Cuyahoga, Morrow, Delaware, Licking, and Fairfield counties, among others.
If you are facing criminal charges, it is imperative that you act quickly to seek the representation you need to defend your rights and freedom. A free case evaluation by my firm is an opportunity for you to learn about your options and how I am prepared to approach your case.
Your situation is important to me, so let me put my years of experience and skill to work for you. Contact The Mayer Law Firm today to discuss your charges with a former prosecuting attorney. Together, we can begin pursuing the results that you need.
Protect Your FutureLet my team evaluate your case for free today.
Experience You Can TrustFind our why you should hire Attorney James J. Mayer III.
Client TestimonialsRead testimonials from clients we have helped in the past.
Results You Can Count OnRead recent case results and trial victories for my clients.